Monday, February 24, 2014

Boy, have I learned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epaIPo6BeXg

First: Patience is key in all things design and especially in Photoshop.  
Second: Be in touch with your purpose. It can only guide you. 
Third: Quality comes eventually. 

Of course I learned specific Photoshop skills, but in a much broader scope, I learned about myself as a designer and what my creative process usually looks like. Design is such a tricky balance of patience and achievement. You have to make progress to even want to continue, even if that means finding out what a certain button does and if/how it can be applied to your work. Photoshop also becomes strangely addictive when you've learned enough. I felt the need to need and strong desire to keep going. I suppose that's the whole point, though. 

It's been fun, Photoshop. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Megan...just leaving a long-overdue comment for this post. I really liked your theme of places/times that have made you happy. The picture with you and your mom is EVERYTHING! It is so beautiful and I really liked that you took a non-traditional approach to creating a meme. I love that she was such a focal point for your project and how you incorporated her into the tagxedo (which did an awesome job at conveying the feelings you have for her). Anything having to do with parental love really speaks to me as I to am really close to my mom. Overall this was just a really enjoyable screencast to watch and was really nicely designed. I saw that you mentioned me, thanks for that thoughtful shout out! Great job overall.