Friday, March 14, 2014

Writing 105M, you have been good to me...

Truthfully, Writing 105M came at a perfect time in my life. Then again, everything else during this wondrous winter quarter did, too. I am a big believer in the phenomenon that everything happens for a reason, and much of what I accomplished in my personal, social and work life seems to have paralleled the new skills I have acquired from this course. This has been an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling experience. I have only recently learned just how crucial it is to express yourself creatively, emotionally, mentally, physically, and essentially, in any way you can. We have so many outlets readily available to achieve this, and while I find it important to express known parts of yourself, expression is just as good for uncovering elements about oneself and bringing them to the surface. Personally, I had no idea what I was able to accomplish in Prezi, Gliffy, this blog, Screencast-O-Matic, Audacity, and especially Photoshop. This class nurtures the mentality that is actively trying to create and yearns for opportunities to learn and acquire new skills and have new experiences. I became a better writer in the way that I learned to write in a different style. And if there is one thing I would like to accomplish while being in school here, it is becoming a better and versatile writer. I have found that the hardest part, with this class, with my personality, and with essentially anything that means something is always trying. With that being said, I would like to leave you all with this quote that has helped me tremendously:


Thank you all for a fabulous quarter together! You truly inspired me with your blindingly beautiful work and hungry minds. There is no sweeter feeling than fostering creativity in a loving and encouraging environment, and I have each and every one of you to thank for providing me with that! 

No comments: